You're Hired! is a program specifically designed to help homeless people prepare for, find, and keep jobs.
We provide one-on-one support to job seekers until they find employment. We are here to help you overcome the obstacles that stand between you and a job that matches your skill set.
Services We Provide
• Strategic Planning – Develop a strategic plan to gain employment by assessing personal strengths and weaknesses. Work together to identify and address barriers to employment.
• Resume Writing – Provide one-on-one support to help participants write their own resumes and teach them to use resumes as tools to market their skills to employers.
• Interview Practice – Interview workshop with human resources consultant, which includes mock interview practice and a personalized plan to continue practicing interview skills.
• Work Ethic Coaching – Exemplify good work ethic and social skills to participants and encourage them to emulate through coaching and positive reinforcement.
• Computer Literacy – Provide computer literacy coaching for participants on a weekly basis to allow them to practice typing, keyboard commands, data entry, and use of electronic mail and computer software.
• Job Search Support – Provide job search support, teach best practices for online job search, encourage participants to seek employment through a variety of techniques.
• Job Training – Facilitate job training opportunities as part of participants’ strategic plan to increase wages and marketability.
• Employment Retention – Meet with participants who have gained employment identify potential problems at work, ensure stability, and continue to support participants after they rejoin the workforce.
A diverse program helping the unhoused individuals in our community
"My resume is my pride."
- David, Employed Graduate
• Job Placement – Contact local businesses, recruiters, and other organizations for job opportunities on behalf of participants.
• Financial Literacy – Financial workshops on personal budgeting, credit repair, debt repayment plans, child support, and other finance-related problems.
• Must have identification (We can help!)
• Must be homeless in our service area
• Be thirty days clean and sober
• Be able to work independently
• Be willing to work full-time