You're Hired! is a program specifically designed to help homeless people prepare for, find, and keep jobs.
We provide one-on-one support to job seekers until they find employment. We are here to help you overcome the obstacles that stand between you and a job that matches your skill set.
Services We Provide
• Strategic Planning – Develop a strategic plan to gain employment by assessing personal strengths and weaknesses. Work together to identify and address barriers to employment.
• Resume Writing – Provide one-on-one support to help participants write their own resumes and teach them to use resumes as tools to market their skills to employers.
• Interview Practice – Interview workshop with human resources consultant, which includes mock interview practice and a personalized plan to continue practicing interview skills.
• Work Ethic Coaching – Exemplify good work ethic and social skills to participants and encourage them to emulate through coaching and positive reinforcement.
• Computer Literacy – Provide computer literacy coaching for participants on a weekly basis to allow them to practice typing, keyboard commands, data entry, and use of electronic mail and computer software.
• Job Search Support – Provide job search support, teach best practices for online job search, encourage participants to seek employment through a variety of techniques.
• Job Training – Facilitate job training opportunities as part of participants’ strategic plan to increase wages and marketability.
• Employment Retention – Meet with participants who have gained employment identify potential problems at work, ensure stability, and continue to support participants after they rejoin the workforce.
Dressed for success at interview practice!
"My resume is my pride."
- David, Employed Graduate
• Job Placement – Contact local businesses, recruiters, and other organizations for job opportunities on behalf of participants.
• Financial Literacy – Financial workshops on personal budgeting, credit repair, debt repayment plans, child support, and other finance-related problems.
• Must have identification (We can help!)
• Must be homeless in our service area
• Be thirty days clean and sober
• Be able to work independently
• Be willing to work full-time